Scope of Work:
Socio-economic development specialist with expertise in the Socio-Environment and water resources to help formulate a situational assessment and strategic investment plan.
The socio-economic development expert will:
• Seek guidance and instructions from the team leader and work on the specified deliverables and other tasks directed.
• Assist the identification of opportunities and strategies for collaboration and mutual socio-economic benefit in the basin (for example, erosion control, water supply, power generation, amongst others);
• Work closely with other staff of the project and provide socio-environmental insight to the project deliverables and report in addition to the specific deliverables.
• Work with key and relevant stakeholders and analyse the overall environmental and social status of the basin and help formulate frameworks and directions to the future plans and policies.
• Help the development of strategic plan to promote investment in the basin, both within Afghanistan but also which may require joint cooperation with other riparian states which are environment friendly and socially acceptable.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
a) PhD in relevant field such as resources management, environment, sociology etc.
b) Minimum 17 years’ relevant work experience
c) Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in Afghanistan / Central Asia
d) Excellent communication skills
e) Fluency in English: writing, reading and spoken
f) Citizen of ADB member country